From the standpoint of many the very simple means of salvation is elitist. They feel that the simple message of Jesus is unfair because it offers only one way to God. According to scripture salvation is through Jesus Christ. Simple? It should be and yet many want to find other doors.
- John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.”
- Acts 4:12 Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.
- 1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus.
But this is not what the Mormon church teaches (LDS). Take a look at the following and discover their idea of salvation:
- “This church…only true and living church upon the face of the whole earth” (Doctrine and Covenants, 1:30)
- Apostle Bruce McConkie states: “There is no salvation outside The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints” (Mormon Doctrine, p.670).
- Marion Romney said, “This Church is the ensign on the mountain spoken of by the Old Testament prophets. It is the way, the truth, and the life” (Conference Report, April, 1961, p.119).
- Mormon president and prophet Brigham Young declared: “he that confesseth not that Jesus has come in the flesh and sent Joseph Smith with the fullness of the Gospel to this generation, is not of God, but anti-christ” (Journal of Discourses, vol.9, p312).
- (There is) “no salvation without accepting Joseph Smith” (Joseph Fielding Smith, in Doctrines of Salvation, vol.1, p.190).
- “No man or woman in this dispensation will ever enter into the celestial kingdom of God without the consent of Joseph Smith” (Brigham Young, in Journal of Discourses, vol.7, p.289).
- Bruce McConkie states: “If it had not been for Joseph Smith and the restoration, there would be no salvation” (Mormon Doctrine, p.670).
- Brigham Young stated: “Every man and woman must have the certificate of Joseph Smith, junior, as a passport to their entrance into the mansion where God and Christ are” (Journal of Discourses. vol.7, p.289).
Either Jesus was right or He was wrong. If He was wrong then that why is scripture so incorrect. If scripture is incorrect then it is a free-for-all on what truth really is. Could I not start a teaching that says that only those who eat at KFC will enter heaven? Come on!
Do not fall for the story lines of anyone who has a teaching that is contrary to what the Bible says! The message is simple; it is through Jesus Christ and Him alone!