2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
There is no doubt that the Bible can come to life:
- It is a mountain of historical facts.
- It gives us better understanding about humans, communication and relationships.
- It offers guidance as to how God expects us to live before Him.
- It is filled with prophecy that was fulfilled during the writing of the Bible, following the writing, being fulfilled right now and has yet to be fulfilled.
- As vast as it is, it gets even deeper when you search it in the original language.
The Bible is the inspired (God Breathed) Word of God. My understanding has always been – If you can’t believe some parts of it, then who is the chosen one who can tell us what parts to believe. Therefore, I must believe it ALL.
And yet there are those who study it and those who make it a practice to read the Bible through every year and have bad attitudes or live questionable lives. Isn’t it suppose to be a book that brings transformation? Does this lessen the power of the Bible?
As awesome as the Bible is and inspired by God, if we search only for deeper means, knowledge, and word usage we have missed the boat. It is not a book of magic formulas.
Knowing the Word of God is powerful, but reading it to know the God of the Word is LIFE CHANGING!
Read it, as if it were for the first time and look to discover God on every page. It is then that it will come to life! What is more challenging is to read it as if it were your first time reading it. It is amazing how many things we miss because, “we already know this one.”
Let God speak through it. Find more of God in it.