Genesis 3:9 Then the Lord God called to Adam and said to him, “Where are you?”
If God is all-knowing then why could He not know what had happened to Adam and Eve. If God is all-seeing then why could He not see where Adam and Eve were?
It is said that the practice of the Rabbis with their students was to answer questions with questions. Often times the answers are found within us but we do not see them until we are asked the right questions. Jesus, recognized as a Rabbi, did this very thing.
God was not asking a question for his benefit. He was asking a question for the benefit of Adam and Eve. They, for the first time, had a sin problem and did not know what to do with it. So, God came to talk them through it and help them to discover exactly what their issue was.
Issues in our lives are not always evident. It was an obvious need to the four friends who lowered the paralyzed man’s bed down through the roof of the house where Jesus was teaching. There friend needed to be healed so that he could walk. But, that was not what Jesus did first. Jesus saw a more urgent need and addressed it. It was his salvation. They were asking the wrong questions.
When Jesus went to the pool of Bethesda He discovered a paralyzed man waiting for someone to move him into the water. But, for him he did not realize that he did not need Jesus to move him into the water. Jesus was the healer. This man was asking the wrong question.
It was revealed in Acts 8 that Simon’s problem was not what was so evident, but the Holy Spirit revealed that his problem was bitterness. Someone was not asking the right question.
Are you asking the right questions?
- Why do you seem to always have problems with relationships?
- Why does your anger get the best of you too often?
- Why do you raise your voice to the children?
- Why do you always feel the need to have control?
- Why do you feel the need to physically need to give yourself away in your relationships?
- Why are you always late?
- Why do you keep spending money that you do not have?
- Why am I not enjoying being around my children?
- Why do I feel that no one likes me?
Start asking the right questions and receiving the healing you really need.