There goes another set of bicyclers in white shirt and tie giving away the Book of Mormon to anyone who will open the door to them.
According to one of the three witnesses the Book of Mormon says witnessed the translating that Joseph Smith did, every word was translated word for word, letter for letter:
“Joseph Smith would put the seer stone into a hat, and put his face in the hat, drawing it closely around his face to exclude the light; and in the darkness the spiritual light would shine. A piece of something resembling a parchment would appear, and on that appeared the writing. One character at a time would appear and under it was the interpretation in English. Brother Joseph would read off the English to Oliver Cowdery, who was his principal scribe, and when it was written down and repeated to brother Joseph to see if it was correct, then it would disappear, and another character with the interpretation would appear.” (Address to All Believers in Christ, Richmond, Missouri, 1887, p. 12).
And yet there are thousands of grammatical and spellings errors that have been corrected from edition to edition. Not only was this “word for word” miraclulous translation from God contain many mistakes but there are many contridictions with the Bible as well.
- Alma 7:10, And behold, he shall be born of Mary at Jerusalem. BUT, Matthew 2:1 says Bethlehem.
- Mosiah 18:17 dated the birth of the Church at 145 B.C. but the Church began in Act 2, approximately A.D. 33.
- Helaman 14:20,27 says that there were three days of darkness at the crucifixion of Christ. BUT, Luke 23:44 says that the darkness lasted three hours.
- Esther 1:34-35 states that at the tower of Babel the Jaredites had their own langauge. BUT, Genesis 11:1 says that there was one language for the whole earth.
- Ester 3:8-9 speaks of God having flesh and blood. BUT, John 4:24 says that God is a Spirit.
- Alma 46:13,15 claim that people wearing the Christian name about 75 years before Jesus was even born.
So, why should we even think about adding more to the Scripture we already have? How can any intelligent human believe a book with so many evident mistakes? The list could go on!
Some will argue that the errors in the Book of Mormon are no different from all of the different translations of the Bible. There is a big difference. Our english bible is translated from original text which we have. The Book of Mormon is described as being translated by God Himself into english with Joseph Smith’s head in a hat.
Hold to the Bible and keep that as your foundation. The Bible has more and more evidence being discovered all the time that it’s stories really did happen. Where is the evidence from the Book of Mormon? Please, someone give me one.